Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Welcome to 2016

Hello out there! Anyone still checking here?!

::waving::

Things have been so incredibly busy here in Tortuga! And not all in a bad way, just in the way that happens when you have older teenagers! But the big news is that my older girl is going to be getting her driver's license soon and that means one important thing: FREEDOM! Well, freedom for me anyway. And I'll trade all of the driving time for time spent on my knees praying for her safety! :D But really, she just finished up driver's ed and they told me that she is ready to get her license! Now I just have to be ready to trust that she will be OK! That's the hard part.

The first semester also went very well! My Dual Enrollment girl loved her first college experience and took home an "A" in her class. This semester she is taking two classes. I seriously under-estimated how hard it would be for her to take some classes on campus, some classes at home, and one class at a homeschool cooperative. Unfortunately, it will be much easier next year when she takes all of her classes at the college.

My 8th grade girl is doing the "teenage sleeping dead" routine that is so common at this age. I swear she sleeps 12 hours a night and then wakes up half an inch taller! Autism has been a bit more of a struggle this semester as well, but I do suspect that's related to all the sleeping and growing. One of the hardest parts of dealing with this particular young autistic lady is that she has a great sense of logic. And so she tries to argue with you/me - and her logic ends up being SOUND. And then I am completely stumped.

I am looking forward to having more time to work one on one with my little bit when I'm not driving her big sister all over creation. I do not think she is looking forward to it very much! ;) She likes it better when I just let her sleep! LOL

It's hard to believe that we're nearly done with January already! It's going to be the end of the school year before I even realize it! Hope you're all enjoying 2016 so far!





No comments: