Thursday, April 09, 2015

Spring Break 2015

Ahhh, Spring Break! Even though our school year has only 5 weeks remaining, we decided to go ahead and take Spring Break. I had envisioned 5 days of rest and relaxation, but when you have teenagers that is simply not happening.

I did get a LOT of work done around the house on Monday and Tuesday in between taking Riley to work and to see friends. Yesterday, we girls got haircuts (trims, really, since we're all enjoying our long hair right now) and Riley worked and then the girls and I went to the park for a picnic and a walk around the lake. Today, I worked out and took Riley over to spend the day with a friend. Tomorrow should be a nice day of hanging out for Riley and I plan to run some errands.

Austin hasn't had nearly so exciting of a Spring Break - he is working full time this week so that means lots of sleep during the day. Welcome to adulthood, kiddo! :)

Reece has had the most relaxing of all the spring breaks, and she needs it. She has done so much physical growing in the last few months and it is wearing her out completely! She told me on Monday that she is enjoying being this kind of bored because it gives her time to think. Yesterday after our walk the girls spent some time swinging and talking - apparently Reece has been coming up with ideas for stories and Riley encouraged her to write them down. I witnessed Reece doing so this morning!

We have 7 weeks left until graduation, and 25 days of instruction. This has been an emotional year for me but I feel like I'm in a really good place right now. The last couple of weeks have been draining and trying, but I think that the kids and I are all coming out of it having learned lots of valuable lessons! I wish I had time to write it all down, and I will definitely try to - that was another thing I was going to do this spring break: blog! LOL I have so many things to share that I think are important, and I simply don't have the time to sit down to compose my thoughts!

In the meantime, check out this picture of me and my babies from Easter Sunday (which also happened to be my birthday this year):

Easter Sunday 2015

No comments: