Wednesday, October 01, 2014

So, where did I go??

Heading towards the Finish Line at Ironman 70.3 Augusta!

An official finisher!
So the last 6 weeks or so I've been in the peak of training for my first Half Ironman (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride, 13.1 mile run) - in addition to getting the girls to all of their dance classes and rehearsals, getting Riley to work, AND doing our lessons. It's been, quite honestly, one of the craziest and busiest times of my life! It was everything I could do to keep my head above water!

But I did it - and I had a wonderful time doing it! I am really proud of myself and pleased with my results! Now it's time to re-focus on the kids and school and this dance year for Riley as she is in several major ballets, the first being Nutcracker next month! I will continue my training because it is my outlet and I really enjoy it, plus it helps me to stay healthy, but the intensity will be reduced! :)

Hopefully I will be able to post about our school year on a more regular basis. Things have not gone so smoothly in the last month, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we have all adjusted to the new busy-ness and can put our noses to the grindstone and get things done!


No comments: