Saturday, July 26, 2014

10 days and counting...

Today I ordered the last of the books (I hope! LOL) that we need to get started on our first day of school! Planning is moving along slowly, mostly because after a few hours I put my head down on my laptop and say, "There is no way we're going to be able to do all of this!"



On a good note: Austin is only scheduled for 20 hours this coming week, instead of the 35-40 that he has been working all summer. Of course, last week he was scheduled for 28 and they called him in another day so he worked 35 again. He is loving the money, but he simply cannot work that many hours and do his senior year of high school. When I reminded him the other day to remind his boss that he returns to school on August 6th, he said, "Maybe I'll just drop out."

He wore a smirk on his face as he said this.

I replied, "How exactly does one drop out of homeschool??" Then we both laughed at the absurdity of it all. He has really developed a snarky sense of humor lately! ;)

Riley doesn't start her new dance classes until the Monday after we start school, so we'll have to wait and see what her work schedule looks like. She will only be available on Tuesdays (afternoon or evening), Saturday evening, and Sunday. If she can get her work done diligently and prove to me that she can manage her time well, I will let her add Thursday afternoons if they need her. But she's going to have to work hard to be able to do that. And I'm just not sure how that's going to work out. She loves her job... so maybe that will provide the incentive she's been lacking to work quickly. I guess we shall see!

As for Miss Reece, she spent this week translating "Let It Go" (from Frozen) into Latin. This took hours and hours of work over several days - and she did it all on her own. Then yesterday she translated the Happy Birthday song for her Daddy! I don't know if she did it correctly and I don't even care! She's a beginning Latin student, after all! I'm just excited that she wants to do translation work and that she seems to enjoy it.

However, I would prefer that she stop answering my texts in Latin. Because I don't remember all of the vocabulary and it takes me too long to figure out what she's saying! ;)

This week I plan to get the first couple of weeks' worth of assignment sheets ready to go. And to stop freaking out about how we're going to get everything done! LOL




2 comments:

walking said...

I'm thinking a video of Reece singing "Let It Go" in Latin is in order!!!!!!

Niffercoo said...

She's been working on the pronunciation/singing so that we can do a video! :)