Monday, April 28, 2014

New Strength

Yesterday morning before my first Olympic Distance Triathlon, I was meditating on the verse I have dedicated to my athletic endeavors - Isaiah 40:31.

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
    They will walk and not faint.  (NLT)

Makes sense to use it for swimming, biking, and running, doesn't it?

But as I was meditating over it at 3:30 in the morning, I stopped at the end of the first line/sentence.

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. In the NIV, the word trust is replaced with hope and 'new strength' becomes 'renew their strength'.

Oh, how I need this right now! Homeschooling has become such a struggle and I am so tired. My strength is gone. I NEED new strength. I NEED renewal. 

Do you think it's any coincidence that the action verb in that sentence is TRUST/HOPE? Two of my previous Words of the Year? (BTW, have I mentioned lately how truly hard "Joy" has been for this year? WOW!) I don't believe in coincidences, so I know that it's all a message from God.

I used to think that my running/triathlon was my escape from the stresses of homeschooling. A coping mechanism and outlet for my nerves. Wouldn't it be something else if God planned it to be the way to teach me more about trusting Him and having my Hope in His plan and not in my own? Wouldn't it be even more amazing if He uses the circumstances relating to my big injury in 2011 to lead me to a stronger relationship and trusting in Him relating to my running as a precursor to doing the same work with homeschooling and my children's futures?

Yeah.


No comments: