Wednesday, March 05, 2014

The Mommyhood

This week my baby girl had a birthday!


My beautiful baby!
I typically have trouble with birthdays, as I'm sure most of you know. But I was really doing well this year. Until BOOM it hit me like a ton of bricks. My baby is a pre-teen! And my son will be an adult in just a couple of months. As much as I have enjoyed these recent years of the kids being older, it's also been a time of reflection for me as a mother. I don't know if this is normal or not, but I'm really regretting a lot of the decisions I've made over the years. And I have become the crazy lady that runs up to the mom with young children and begs her to relax and enjoy the time with her babies while they are babies because they grow up so fast. But the problem is, I really mean that! I've seen first-hand how the days seem so long, but the years just fly by. But I remember people telling me these things when I was a younger mother and I didn't listen. Because I was too busy just trying to get through the day!

I am so proud of the young lady that Reece has grown into and I'm so excited about the things that God has in store for her life. She loves learning (especially Latin), and she wants to be a gamer/computer programmer when she grows up! :) Even without all she has had to overcome in her life, that is something pretty exciting! When you add in the autism, she is a little miracle! And she's my baby - forever! :D


No comments: