Saturday, November 09, 2013

Term #2 has begun...

... and now it's time for Fall Break! LOL

Yep, we just finished our first week of Term #2, which included starting some new books for literature (Frankenstein and Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde for Austin, and Tom Sawyer for Reece - Riley is reading Cry, the Beloved Country for her outside literature class) and biography (Queen Victoria for Austin, Alexander Graham Bell for Reece). Austin also started his study of chemistry.

Everything went well, and I'm excited about this new term. I'm especially excited because it's finally time for a break week! This year we did not take a break week every 6 weeks like we usually do because the big kids both want to work a summer job, and in order to do that, they need to be done with school by May. And in order to do that, we have to limit our breaks. It has been challenging, to say the least. Mostly for me. I didn't realize how much I relied upon that break week to decompress and regroup. But I lived through it - and the kids really pushed through and worked hard! I'm proud of them!

And I'm very excited about this coming week! We're going to Disney World, the girls and I anyway! Austin doesn't like Disney! ;) Instead, HE is going to work with his dad and get some invaluable job experience! He is so excited and ready to work hard!

I've got so much I want to share, but just not enough time right now. Time is so limited and often I only have time to post a blurb on my Black Pearl Academy Facebook page. So please "like" that page so you can keep up with the little day-to-day things we're doing!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Can you believe it's almost the middle of November already??





No comments: