Saturday, August 03, 2013

TWO days!!

I wish I could say that I've spent the last two weeks working diligently to prepare for the first day of school, but that would be a lie, and I try to be honest on my blog. When I feel overwhelmed, I tend to put my head in the sand - as if that will help!

So now I'm facing school starting the day after tomorrow and I have a lot of work to accomplish this weekend. This weekend that also happens to be the peak of my triathlon training. Someone didn't plan this out very well, did she? LOL

To top it all off, this "First Week of School" has added several non-schooly things to interfere with the workload: our homeschool group is having a Back to School party and Austin has his first in-car driving lesson. (Did I mention here that he scored a 100% on his driver's ed final exam??) Instead of throwing in the towel, we're going to have to learn to work around life - just like the kids will have to do when they are older and are in college and/or have jobs. You have to figure out how to get the work done in the hours that you have. Austin's trying to use the excuse "I have work to do" to get out of going to the Back to School party, but I really want him to go. I can't promise him that he'll have a good time, but he's not going to know until he tries. And he's not going to get to know the other teens in the group until he goes to some of the activities and gets to know them - and more importantly, allow THEM to get to know HIM. The real him. Not the guy who walks around with scowl on his face.

So this evening and tomorrow I'll finish getting everything ready. And these first few weeks, we'll see how it goes - if it's too much (like it usually is, since I tend to over-plan), I'll have to prioritize. If it's not enough, then I am certain I can find more for us to do! LOL

Your prayers are always appreciated! Two high schoolers and a middle schooler = Intimidating!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I will be praying for you as you start back!