Sunday, December 09, 2012

Going "Coast to Coast" to support families with Autism!

In honor of my 5th year of running, I decided to raise money through Train 4
Autism for Spectrum, our local autism support group. I set my goal race to run the Princess Half Marathon at
Disney World in February and my goal amount was $500. I wanted to be able to Pay
It Forward for when Austin and Reece attended Spectrum summer camp on scholarship a few years ago.

Well, today, I am happy to announce that I'm also going to be running a half
marathon at Disneyland in January, only 5 weeks before the Princess Half
Marathon! Run Disney calls this the Coast to Coast Challenge!

Now you may be wondering what this means for the fundraising I am doing for
Spectrum?! Well, I figure Double the Miles? Double the Races? Double the GOAL!!

Yep, instead of raising $500 to send two children with autism to Spectrum's
summer camp - I am shooting to raise $1000 to send FOUR children to summer camp!
WOOHOO!!

If you would like to support my efforts, you can donate online through my
personal fundraising page
http://train4autism.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=280026&lis=0\
&kntae280026=BFF8F9CC65174BDA9BA32C8D306984E7


Please feel free to share this link with your friends and family! I have already
raised $325 towards my goal! No amount is too small! Thank you in advance!

No comments: