Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Summer School/Summer Planning

Why is it always so much more fun to plan for the next year than it is to wrap up the current year?? LOL Ah, whatever the reason, it's one of the great truths of homeschooling.

I gave the kids each a listing of what needs to be finished before July 27th. It's up to them to work on it each morning before they can have screen time. When they are done, they are done. As soon as Austin's new swim trunks arrive from Lands End, we will start hitting the pool in the afternoons! I can't believe it's July and we haven't even been to the pool once. Unreal.

I've started some planning for next year already. It has been such a joyful experience this time around, having the encouragement from the kids' testing fresh in my mind. I feel like I can trust my decision-making and the suggestions from the doctor give me an added marker to look for when I am choosing materials. It's a life-changer for sure! I'll post details when I have more time.

I'm so eager for the new school year to begin - I wish we could just skip the rest of this current one! LOL


No comments: