Saturday, February 11, 2012

Weekly Recap: Term 2, Week 4

I know I promised a better recap, but I'm going to have to break that promise! I can tell you that it was a much tougher week. Apparently posting that Riley's behavior has improved dramatically was not the best idea! LOL  I can tell you my reactions to her behavior this week were much better than previously, however that didn't make it any less emotionally draining to deal with. And unfortunately, I had to take away an activity for this weekend that she was really look forward to. This is the part of parenting that I really do not enjoy. I had told her on Monday that she had until Wednesday to improve her attitude and behavior. Then I gave her until Friday. And even this morning I thought that perhaps if her attitude was good today she could still participate tomorrow. But, no. And she was shocked and dismayed this evening when she realized that we were not going to let her go. I wish I could believe that missing this event will dramatically improve her behavior next week - but Riley has never been the kind of child who learns better behavior by consequences.

Reece continues to do well with her lessons - she is amazing with the drawing lessons in math!! She is also begging for more history, which is so cool!! Her writing lessons are finally including quotation marks and she is beyond thrilled, which makes me laugh! It's not every 4th grader who can be heard exclaiming, "Finally! I've been waiting to learn quotation marks forEVER!!!" LOL

Austin's positive attitude continues to impress me. But he can't help but be frustrated at some of his struggles. I have been praying about whether or not to have him tested again for learning disabilities. He had a fairly comprehensive evaluation last spring which did not reveal any LDs, but even she admitted that his work samples scream, "This is a child with some sort of learning problems." We cannot afford another neuropsych eval at this point, but I have been praying that if it needs to be done that God would provide the way.

That's about it for now. I'm going to try again to do my Word of the Year post tomorrow. I have the word... just need the time to compose some thoughts! :)


1 comment:

The Glasers said...

Parenting is not for wimps, and I definitely feel your pain! :-/ Praying for strength and the presence of the Lord as you face these challenges.