Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week in Review: Term 2, Week 2

Another busy week, hence no time to post until today! :) Austin had a doctor's appointment on Monday which always throws everything off. Everything went well at his appointment, though, so hopefully we won't have to go back for a couple of months. Then on Thursday Riley had to get new pointe shoes and she needed them immediately so she can break them in before her audition next weekend. Well, that took us out of the house for 2 hours in the morning. Then on Friday,  I took Reece ice skating because she got new skates for Christmas and she had been asking over and over when we could go. Because I hadn't planned to take her skating, I didn't adjust her lessons so we had to come home and finish. All in all, it was a completely crazy week!! But we got our work done, and that's what matters!

Nothing changed from last week so I won't bore you with rehashing all the various details! We didn't get to Plutarch this week because of skating so we'll attack that tomorrow. I am going to adjust our family lessons schedule a bit to accommodate Reece's weekly (or maybe bi-weekly?) skating now. I had Plutarch and Shakespeare scheduled on Fridays but that won't work when we need to be out of the house by 9:30.

This coming week I am looking forward to being home more so I don't feel so much pressure. I am also hoping that Austin can get into a groove with his math and science. He was very frustrated last week and it breaks my heart to see him working so hard and still not understanding. This kid gets an "A" for effort for sure! I wish with all my heart that I could go back to the beginning of our homeschooling and do math over with Austin and see if it makes a difference. There are so many things I would change.

My personal goal for this coming week is to blog 4 times. I would like to write a separate post to update on each of the kids, plus I need to decide upon a Word of the Year for 2012 and blog about the impact of my 2011 WOTY! It's amazing - and also cautions me to select carefully because God takes these things seriously, in my experience! LOL

Have a great week friends!

1 comment:

The Glasers said...

I got discombobulated with two trips to Kansas and back, so we too are on Term 2, Week 3 (as of today).

I'm so glad to read the lastest news!!!