Wednesday, December 01, 2010

NaNoWriMo update

I made my word count goal on Sunday evening. The story isn't my best, by far, but I did manage to get it done and I guess that's the real point.

None of the kids made their goals. We won't be doing NaNoWriMo next year. None of us. It has just turned into too much stress and not nearly enough fun. I don't need yet another thing to be nagging the kids about. I even bought several of their rewards in anticipation of them making their goals and they didn't. I have a whole bag full of stuff. It's truly disappointing. And I don't need yet another thing that I feel pressure to complete.

Now I feel like the kids wasted an entire month of language arts. Yeah, won't be doing this again.

1 comment:

poohder said...

There's a season for everything and maybe this season has passed. FWIW, I doubt that Language Arts was wasted. I'd be willing to bet that what they did learn was in context and now they'll remember it.