Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wish me luck

Monday night I got some incredibly bad news: Reece's BFF, who you may remember from her dance class and the forgiveness post, is moving to Minnesota. We're in Georgia. Minnesota is very, very far away.

Her mom told me so that I could tell Reece and prepare her. They are hoping to be moved by the middle-end of August.

Prepare Reece? How on earth do I do this? I don't WANT to do this. Reece is going to be crushed. My heart is already broken for her.

I'm not saying anything until after tomorrow - Reece's last day of "art camp" (another post altogether) through the local autism support group. I don't need to give her a reason to be distressed, or give her a new topic to perseverate on while she's away from me.

Why would God give her this experience, and then just take her BFF away after 4 months? It's not right.

2 comments:

The Glasers said...

Praying! Moving is so hard and saying good-by to a good friend is harder!

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

So sorry! Praying that you can find the right words.