Sunday, May 16, 2010

OOPS!

In all my excitement yesterday, I totally forgot some important things I had planned for us to do in the future that really necessitates us being on the same time period in history. One is the Renaissance Festival, and the other is a trip to the D.C. area in a few years.

Now, I realize that we don't have to be studying the same time period of history to enjoy a trip to either of those locations. Either one can be a preview for those who haven't started that time period, or a review for those who have recently done that time period.

But that's just not how I roll! LOL

So Austin and Riley will still do Modern, but they will still do it independently from each other. Reece? I'm not so sure. I have The American Story, so I'll have to look through it to see how the modern era stories play out. We could also do a geography emphasis because she adores the Holling C. Holling geography books!

Anyway, I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board, somewhat. I should have known it couldn't be that easy! ;)

1 comment:

The Glasers said...

BTW, Charlotte Mason didn't care for too much correlation . . . yes, a sequential read of history but she thought nothing of tossing in a fiction book that had nothing to do with the period being covered that year!