This year our plans will be a little more academic than they usually are, for a couple of reasons. The first one is that we didn't start our lessons last year until close to September. The second reason is that we took more days off than I had planned this year. And the third is that the kids are getting older and there are just more things that need to be accomplished.
I will finalize these plans within the next two weeks, but this is what I am planning so far:
- Daily reading for Austin and Riley of 45 minutes each. Both of them are finished with their reading lists for the school year so they will be able to choose their reading, within reason. Reece will read for 10 minutes a day.
- Math will be our regular math since we are not as far along as I would like us to be, especially for Austin. It is my goal for him to be finished with Pre-Algebra by the end of next summer so he can start Algebra 1 in 9th grade. He has half of the MUS Zeta book left, and then all of Pre-Algebra. We won't push things, but we will do our best to get to Algebra 1 on time.
- Riley will work on her math book 2 days a week, multiplication/division drill 2 days a week, and then she will do Your Business Math on Fridays. She will continue Your Business Math on Friday through the next school year. I would love for Austin to do those as well, but I just don't see where we'll have the time.
- Reece will do her regular math 3 days a week, and math games 2 days a week.
- Latin review for the big kids (Austin has a few lessons to finish as well). They will work on the vocabulary they have learned this past year. Riley will have her recitation for Latin as well. I don't want to lose the progress we have made. And that includes me, since I'm learning along with them! LOL
- I'd like them to do some sort of writing each day, but I do not know what that will look like yet.
Anyway, we will do Sun and Fun starting the middle of June up through the last week of July. Then I will take 2 weeks to plan, and we'll jump into our new school year in early August!