Thursday, April 15, 2010

Where did Niffercoo go?

I've been slack again on the blogging. It's a combination of two factors: first, it's been a rough couple of weeks at the Black Pearl Academy. I find that if I try to blog during these times, I just end up writing things I regret later. Even though one of my "missions" is to explore the ups and downs and the highs and lows of living with and homeschooling children on the autism spectrum, sometimes I just cannot keep the proper perspective. On those days, it's better to be silent.

The second factor is that we've been really busy. This is one of our busiest times of the year, between dance and baseball. And we've also had a few special events to add to the schedule as well!

Last week Reece took part in an art collaborative with the Marcus Autism Center and the Centers for Disease Control (both here in Atlanta) in celebration of Autism Awareness Month. She got to work with a real artist and she was SO excited! Each child painted a tile which will be part of a display at the CDC later this month.

The very next day was the Blue October concert! My husband took the day off work so I could go down and stand in line, since the event was general admission. As a result, I was on the 2nd row! It was awesome! I love Blue October... they are officially my favorite band ever!
And I'm not just saying that because they come out after the concerts and meet and greet the fans. And pose for pictures. (I took 150 pictures that day. Aren't you glad I'm not posting them all? LOL) Did I mention it was a fantastic show and the music is incredible? The tour is to promote suicide prevention, and I intend to do a blog post on that one day soon. It's one of those topics that is hard to talk about, but I think it's important.

Oh, look... how did this picture get here? ;)
Moving on... I also had my first race since the half-marathon. It was a 10K in honor of the soldiers from Georgia who have lost their lives in combat since 9-11. I ran a great race, and it was for a fantastic cause.
So that's what has kept me especially busy recently. The kids have had their usual baseball games and dance classes, and those whacky things called lessons. And none of us are at our best when we're so busy. I know many folks can handle it well, and do handle much more on their schedule than me. I applaud them, and am impressed! But it doesn't work that well for me or my kids. We can manage the busy-ness... it's just not pretty!

And that's it for now... will try to be better about updates! :)

2 comments:

Penny said...

I love the pics from the concert - what a fun time that must have been!

The Glasers said...

I'm glad we are missing you for good reasons!