Here are the highlights from our crazy mixed-up week:
- Began reading The Titanic: Lost and Found (which is always a delight for our Titanic-loving family)
- Continued with cursive - and doing SO well, in fact, when she had to do a printed copywork she was complaining that she kept accidentally writing in cursive
- Worked on a Making Tens math lesson which was easy since she's quite familiar with that concept
- Listened to another story from Outdoor Secrets, and began listening to the D'aulaire Benjamin Franklin book
- Began reading Lad, a Dog
- Finishing up the last reviews in her math book, eager to begin the new book!
- Still loving Jr. Analytical Grammar - go figure!!
- Getting ready to wrap up Johnny Tremain
- Learning about the Latin prefixes for the metric system: milli, centi, deci
- Worked on adding suffixes to words that end in y
- Began a new hymn - Trust and Obey (what a good one for Mom!!)
- Finished another chapter of history that was so uninteresting that I cannot remember one thing about it to summarize... a chinese king, that's about all I got
This coming week we are going to go see Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. We listened to the entire series on CD, and we've been looking forward to the movie for a long time!