New Year Meme - taken from Lisa's blog!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Ran a 10K
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did. I made some "goals" which sounds better than "resolutions" for some reason.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just stayed in the USA.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Peace of mind
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 26 - the date I ran my first 10K ; August 21 - Blue October concert
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Riding a bicycle
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All of us, at one point or another!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
All of us, at one point or another! LOL
14. Where did most of your money go?
The Debt Snowball
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Blue October concert; Taking Riley to Disney for her birthday; New Moon movie release
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Should Be Loved - Blue October
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Spent at home with dh, kids, and my mom. Nice and relaxing!
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Have been in love for a long time.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Don't have one
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Little Women and To Kill a Mockingbird.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
A new (to me!) car!
27. What did you want and not get?
To go to Disney for Christmas LOL
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter 6
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Out to dinner with the family!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I could only have confidence out about my plan/goals for home education.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Runner's World ;)
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Health Care Legislation
35. Who did you miss?
friends who have stopped homeschooling and gone back to work/school
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Michelle at church
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
The important thing isn't that where you finish, but that you had the courage to start.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Sometimes I feel like weeping, awaken when I'm sleeping, perfecting how to put a game face on. But this puzzle I've been keeping, has been in hiding, creeping out the closet door, spilling out onto the floor. How long will I be picking up pieces? How long will I be picking up my heart?
Resolutions for 2010
Already listed my goals! :)