Monday, December 21, 2009

A very merry Christmas indeed

Christmas is not typically a good time of year for me. The stress of the season overwhelms me. The demands on our time really make it hard to enjoy anything - and of course, those demands are hard on Austin and Reece, which then makes things harder on me. So I have come to dread this time of year.

But something I desire to improve on in my life is maintaining my peace and joy regardless of what is going on in my life. There is a Bible verse on that, which I will be memorizing, but it seems to have slipped my mind at the present moment! Oops...

This season I want to focus on the many blessings in my life, and the many wonderful things we have accomplished as a family and as individuals. It is not always easy for me to do that, as I tend to be not the "Cup Half Empty" sort of person, but rather the "My cup is BROKEN and it's the END OF THE WORLD!" sort of person. ;) But God has blessed me, and I need to keep THAT in mind.

And He truly has allowed a number of rather large blessings to flow our way in the last several weeks. And here again is where I need to focus on keeping this feeling not from what is going on in my life (albeit good stuff), but that my God loves me, and will be here and will always be here... in ways that I can't see, don't always make sense much of the time, and don't fit my own time schedule. But He is here. And He does love me. :)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

And *I* am blessed to read this post from YOU. Thank you for sharing it!

poohder said...

A M E N!! This warms my heart to hear you say these things. Rhonda

Kai said...

A merry Christmas to you too! It's nice to hear from you!

The Glasers said...

What do you think of the Hound of Baskerville? I read that for the first time this year and loved it!

I am so glad you are feeling the blessings of Christmas this year.

Pamela is a lot like year . . . "It's a nightmare" is her new mantra--it used to be "It's not the end of the world" and both mean the same thing to her! LOL

Niffercoo said...

Tammy, I'm absolutely loving Hound of the Baskervilles! I'm having to force myself to go slowly through it and enjoy it - I tend to speed read and then I miss great details.

Austin told Russ last night that he's stressed. I guess it's good that he can put it into so many words, but it makes me sad that it all puts him on edge. I've tried my best to keep everything low key for him, but I guess it's still too much.

Thanks for the comments y'all... for reading after so long without a post! :)