Saturday, October 24, 2009

My first 10K

This morning I completed my first 10K race, one year and 3 days after I first began running! Here are a few pics from the event!

This race was timed using a "chip" that was looped through the shoelaces... very cool! Never had that before! Now I'll know exactly how long it took me, not including the time it took me to cross the finish line in the crowd!
My friend Sherry raced in the 5K, and she was waiting at the finish line of the 10K to take pictures!! Here I am in the green and black!
And here I am crossing the finish line... this isn't the chip time, just the gun time! But regardless, it's a great time! Even better than in my training runs!
Here am I post-race, and totally excited! I was so nervous, and I sort of still can't believe I did it!
The t-shirt they gave away is a "tech shirt" which means it's made out of wicking materials! It will be great for my upcoming training runs!

3 comments:

poohder said...

A M A Z I N G!!!!! Rhonda

JamBerry said...

You are so awesome!!

The Glasers said...

You Amazon!!!! That is a great time!