Friday, September 04, 2009

Weekly Review: 8/31-9/4

Again this week, I shall let the home educated children speak for themselves!

Reece: "My favorite thing in this week in school was the math games. We played Sum Swamp. Mama won first, and then I won second."

Riley: "My favorite thing was probably the critical thinking thing, because it's fun. I love a good challenge." (She's referring to beginning the Mind Benders series)

Austin: "My favorite thing in school this week was grammar because of the thing with the articles and adjectives." (He was in the middle of a Wii game, so I guess that's all I'm gonna get! LOL)

At least it beats "nothing" from last week! LOL

2 comments:

The Glasers said...

Pamela is loving the math games like Reece.

Does Riley love a good argument and argues for the sake of arguing? That's David . . .


Grammar? Wow! That is awesome . . . Pamela's favorite continues to be the poetry of Walter de la Mare!

Niffercoo said...

I don't know whether she argues for the sake of argument, or if she truly doesn't realize she is arguing. If you call her on it, she claims not to know that she's arguing. ;)

Austin loves Analytical Grammar! He did great with Jr. Analytical Grammar over the last 2 years, and I was nervous about AG because it's a big step up in reading level. But I broke apart each exercise into 2 days' work, so as not to overwhelm him. This first unit is reviewing what he already did in JAG, and he's doing excellently. About the only nouns he's missing are the "idea" or abstract nouns, and I wonder if that's part of the ASD or if it's just a rather difficult thing to grasp in general.

He's still really struggling with math (fractions) but he's hanging in there and not getting too frustrated - which would not have been the case a couple of years ago. Anything that requires multiple steps to keep straight just takes him so extra time, it seems.