Wednesday, September 30, 2009

4 years ago

4 years ago today, at the age of3 and a half, Reece was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (Pervasive Developmental Disorder- Not Otherwise Specified, or PDD-NOS). I took the following video on her 3rd birthday to show our new pediatrician. I had just come to the realization around that time that "something" was going on with her development that couldn't be explained away by her being the baby of the family, everyone talking for her, or us spoiling her thus causing the 2 hour long tantrums.

I share this video today so everyone can see how far she has come!



For the first time in 4 years, I didn't wake up crying on this day.

3 comments:

poohder said...

I can totally see her progress. She's still such a cute little cherub though. Btw, Jen, I was just curious, why do you think you had no tears today vs the other years? I guess I am feeling a little reflective today too. LOL! Rhonda

The Glasers said...

Wow! Reece has come so far and it is a testimony to what you have done! :-)

argsmommy said...

Wow, does that video seem familiar. My son was just like that. Makes me thankful for how far he's come too -- thank you for sharing.

Kellie