Monday, July 27, 2009

Being strong and courageous

As I sat yet again with my school plans before me this morning, a verse that I had memorized for a Bible study a few years ago came to mind:

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

I thought that was pretty interesting, considering it was the word terrified that I used in my last blog post.

So I'm going to print that out, along with a couple of other helpful verses (suggestions anyone?), and put them in the front of my notebook. And I'm going to try to be strong and courageous and just move on with the plan that I felt led to develop for our coming school year. And I need to trust that if there are changes that need to be made as we go along, God will reveal them to me (if I stop trying to control everything and listen to Him).

Yes, it's still scary. And yes, I'm still worried that I don't have what it takes to do it well. And yes, I'm afraid of messing up the kids. But until I really give it my best effort, I won't know.

And it's not like I'm off to battle the Philistines or something. I've just got to educate my kids.

(OK, this funny picture just popped into my head of me standing on a hill with books in hand and my kids are standing on the other hill glaring at me! LOL)

2 comments:

poohder said...

I commented this on your previous post, but I am gonna say it again.
I think whatever makes your children
feel competent is what's best for them. Competence is the best motivator. God will show your children what they need to know when they need to know it. So WE just do our best and God will fill in the rest. God's grace is sufficient for you. Rhonda

Renegade Scholar said...

I just want to sympathize. Like you, I'm feeling the fear and doing it anyway. In the end as long as you're doing the best you can, you can't ask anything more of yourself.

Ingrid