Monday, April 06, 2009

Bubbles

This week is testing week at the Black Pearl Academy - the state of Georgia mandates standardized testing for homeschoolers every 3 years. As a homeschooler (and former certified teacher), I find standardized testing to be a waste of time and money. It's not going to tell me anything I don't already know. My child who struggles academically won't perform well. My child who excells academically will do well on the test. Neither of the kids will do all that well on the "social studies" portion because we have studied ancient and middle ages for history this year, not whatever you might find in a textbook.

So we'll be filling in bubbles this week... looking forward to next year when nobody has to be tested! :)

2 comments:

chandra said...

ugh...I hear ya. We have to test this year too but we haven't done it yet. It seems so silly.

Enrichment Hub said...

praying for you guys this week then! ps this is amy...i'm signed in for our co-op blog right now because i'm doing some stuff on it...