Friday, April 03, 2009

April is Autism Awareness Month!

Yesterday, the kids and I drove down to the state capital of our great state of Georgia, to see Governor Sonny Perdue sign a proclamation stating that April is Autism Awareness Month! We got to meet and shake hands with Governor Perdue, who posed for a group picture with everyone in attendance. He then handed the proclamation to Austin, who was a little unsure what to do with it! I snapped a few pictures of my kids with it, then we gave it to the president of the Autism Society of America, Georgia Chapter.



The kids had a lot of fun, and I'm glad we made the effort to get up early in the rain to drive down there!

4 comments:

Chef Penny said...

It did sound like fun! Great pics!

JamBerry said...

Now that's pretty cool!

Sadie said...

Heheh, I'm glad to see Reece isn't "posing" in the group picture ;)

The Glasers said...

Love the pictures!!!!