Saturday, December 13, 2008

Jingle Jog for Autism 2008

Today I did something I've never done before... I ran a 5K. I believe I've mentioned on here that I've been training. I wasn't quite done with the training program, but I decided to try it anyway! The race was a fundraiser for summer camp for kids with autism, so it's a great cause!

Here I am getting all set up. It was 40 degrees at race time... brrr!
"Runners, get SET!"
This is about 3 minutes into the jog... I'm smiling, but inside I was thinking I had made a HUGE mistake! LOL
Here I am coming to the finish line... I'd ditched the hat and mittens! I was smiling from ear to ear! I am really proud of myself for making this goal!
Here I am after the race!

4 comments:

SmrfChic said...

Way to go Jennifer!!!! :)

Alison said...

WTG hun!!! once my toe is all better I am going to start running and do the training thing you did to get myself there!!

The Glasers said...

Steve says that 40 degrees is the perfect running weather! :-)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

JamBerry said...

Hooray for Jennifer! Well done!!!