Saturday, November 01, 2008

My first word count!

Early this morning, I wrote for a little more than an hour, and I made it to 1634 words!

My daily average needs to be 1667, but that's assuming that I am able to write that much every day! I would rather get ahead on days like today where there is nothing much else going on, to make up for the days where I won't have time or if I get writer's block.

I think I have learned one important thing from this morning's writing:

I might just take after Diana Gabaldon (author of the Outlander series) in my writing style. Why?

Because 1634 words into the story, and my main character has just finally crossed the bridge onto the Island! LOLOLOL

Stayed tuned for more writing updates this month!

2 comments:

The Glasers said...

Do you have an outline or arc in mind already?

Congratulations!

Niffercoo said...

I don't have an outline in the traditional sense, but I know how the story begins and ends, and basically what happens.

What I am finding as I write, is that the characters are doing things that are a little unexpected but that are serving to make the story more interesting! It's pretty exciting!

Also, a few ideas that I began with before I started writing, I'm modifying when I get to that part of the story, because it doesn't flow with the story as well.

It's kind of hard to explain, but it's very exciting, and a lot of fun!