Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's official!!

I submitted my novel this afternoon, and I am an official winner of NaNoWriMo 2008! My official word count is 62,251, but that includes the prologue that had to be re-written. When I remove the original prologue, I'm left with a word count (according to Microsoft) of61,970. By the time you remove all of the "Chapter _" words it's probably closer to 61,900. Regardless, I did it!!

As you can see, I got my winner banners! There are two kinds and I can't decide which I prefer! The one below is technically a viking ship, but it is a ship nonetheless.

If you would like to read an excerpt from my novel, you can find it on my NaNoWriMo author page, under Novel Info. The excerpt is from Chapter 2. I don't know how to work the HTML, so the indenting and space between paragraphs is left out. But it will give you an idea at least!

This has been a very exciting month for me!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I've said it before, but it bears repeating!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You did good, friend!!!

I can't wait to get my banner.

I was wondering if I should do it today, but I want to still be able to update my word count. Can I still???

Jan said...

Congrats!!!! You did so good!!! You should be very proud!