Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The story is complete!

In a wee hours of the morning, after a marathon writing session that lasted about 6 hours, I completed my novel!

Well, to be completely clear, I completed the first draft of my novel. There are some sections that I need to go back and flesh out, so to speak. I was writing with only the roughest of outlines, and in a few cases the story diverged from where I had expected it to go. Over the next 12 days, I will go back in and develop the sections that had been unclear during my first writing, and rework the sections (namely the prologue) that don't correspond with where the story ended up going!

This isn't really part of the editing process, yet. There were a couple of places when I was writing the story that I wasn't exactly sure where it was heading. Or there was backstory that I wanted to include but didn't really have a firm grasp on at the time. I didn't want to get bound up in the details, so I just wrote what came to mind, with the intention of going back to work it out in more detail later. That's what I'll do for the rest of the month!

The writing process has been incredibly fascinating and invigorating. Well, with the exception of the sleep-deprivation resulting from the fact that I write best in a completely quiet house which only happens to come in the middle of the night! LOL

I did it!! I wrote a book! :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm SO PROUD of you!!! I can't wait to read it!

JamBerry said...

That is SOOOO awesome! Congratulation!!!! I hope you let some of us read it someday!!!!

poohder said...

That is totally COOL! Way to go!!

The Glasers said...

Congratulations!!!!! That is so cool!