Thursday, October 16, 2008

Why on earth am I going to write a novel in a month's time?

This quote from the NaNoWriMo FAQs sums it up for me quite nicely:


"Art for art's sake does wonderful things to you. It makes you laugh. It makes you cry. It makes you want to take naps and go places wearing funny pants. Doing something just for the hell of it is a wonderful antidote to all the chores and "must-dos" of daily life. Writing a novel in a month is both exhilarating and stupid, and we would all do well to invite a little more spontaneous stupidity into our lives."


So now you know what's going on in my head! :)

5 comments:

poohder said...

Good for you, we all need some kind of lovely diversion from our normal lives. ENJOY!!!! Any chance we would get to read it? If not, I understand cause it's ok if ya just want to keep it private. Rhonda

Niffercoo said...

Rhonda, I can't commit that I will let anyone read it. I'm afraid if I'm trying to write knowing my friends will read it, then it will keep me from really getting into it and allowing myself to let go.

However, once it's written, maybe I'll feel like sharing! I don't even know what I'm writing about yet! I have a picture that keeps coming into my head, but nothing goes with it! :)

poohder said...

I totally understand, but just remember us when you become the next Stephanie!!! Rhonda

Niffercoo said...

That's the highest form of compliment in my world, Rhonda! Well, next to being compared to Charlotte Mason! And THAT is not likely to happen any time soon! LOL

The Glasers said...

Go, Jen, Go!!!!!!

I know what you mean about being sensitive about your writing. I tend to edit and re-edit and edit some more, so I would not be comfortable until I thought it was done. Then, of course, if something is published, the editor rips it to shreds anyway (well, not always--my last piece hardly changed).