Wednesday, October 01, 2008

"I want to be an author when I grow up"

Riley has been writing a book for the last week or so. She isn't known for her follow-through, so I stayed out of it! Today, she brought her finished product to me! This is a story about Molly, and her desire to do a triple spin in a skating competition. It was very hard for her, but she didn't give up, and in the end she was able to do it!
It is a wonderful little story! About 8 pages long, but full of dialogue and description! The language she uses is amazing, and I would like to say, reflective of the quality literature she has been exposed to! She also included illustrations!
I just adore this book! It's messy, and desperately needs attention in the areas of spelling, punctuation, and I'm wondering if the child has ever heard of capital letters! But I am not touching a thing! I absolutely, positively ADORE it!
When I finished reading, Austin said, "Are you going to cry? You look like you're going to cry!" I really felt that way, too! I was so impressed with her story! I'm going to try to type up a few excerpts later on! :)

And Riley announced tonight that she wants to be an author when she grows up!

4 comments:

The Glasers said...

This is way cool for two reasons: (1) the obvious author factor and (2) Austin noticing that you might cry! :-)

Snoopy dancing and looking forward to reading Riley's book in fifteen years!!!

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

wonderful!

Luke said...

I love writing myself, so it's great to hear of other aspiring writers. Keep up the great work!

~Luke

Heather said...

I love it! A keeper for sure!