Monday, September 15, 2008

Frustration

I called the neurologist this morning to check on Austin's blood test results. The nurse called me back and said that, while the doctor hadn't had time to look at the results yet, everything seemed to be in order. I asked her if the doctor would be looking at the results today? No, the neuro is out of the office for the week. I told the nurse that the doctor told me last week at our appointment that I could call and talk to her after the MRI is over, so I can find out what's going on more quickly. The nurse repeated that the doctor will be out of the office for the entire week. She asked who ordered the MRI, and I told her it was the ped. She said that the report would go to the ped. I told her that I knew that, but that when I asked the doctor, she told me she could look it up on the internet. The nurse repeated again, in case I was perhaps an idiot, that the doctor would be out of the office for the week.

At this point, I lost my composure. Trying not to cry, I told the nurse that we are trying to figure out what is going on with my child who had a grand mal seizure a month ago, and whose EEG shows seizure activity. That I can't even tell if the meds are working, because I can't tell when/if he's having a seizure. I am counting on the bloodwork, and the doctor's interpretation of the bloodwork, to let me know if everything is working. And we're having the MRI tomorrow morning to see if there is something else going on and I was really hoping to have those results quickly so I can start moving forward. Guess what?

The doctor is out of the office for the rest of the week.

There's more medical/health insurance related stuff, but I don't even have the patience to type it all out.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That is very frustrating! I hope you get your answers soon. Let me know how tomorrow goes. MHP