Sunday, August 17, 2008

Update on Austin

Austin seems to be doing just fine! He hasn't had any further episodes, and has been doing some of his normal activities under careful supervision. The ER doctor had told dh there was no reason to restrict physical activity, but Doctor Mom disagrees.

So they went to ball practice yesterday, but Austin only played a short while. And apparently he played very well. The boys on the team were anxious to hear about the ambulance ride and ER visit!

Right now, Austin is mowing the neighbor's front lawn. They recently had a baby, and yesterday they called to ask him to mow it for pay (twice as much as we pay him for our entire lawn! LOL). Dh is out there with him to make sure that he's OK, and because I said he had to be out there to watch him because I'm still concerned. We've been married long enough that dh has to realize this is not something worth fighting me over. ::Smooches to my sweetie when he reads this::

I'm still calling the doctors tomorrow, though. I'm not sure what they might say, but it will make me feel better to cover all the bases. I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to sleep again. Or if I'll feel comfortable going to the pool anymore.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm rejoicing with you that he's doing well! You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength, Jen!

Kai said...

I am so glad Austin is doing fine. I totally agree with you about calling the doctor. It seems like there are several unanswered questions, like, why did he throw up if he didn't feel sick before or after (I'm assuming this is the case), why didn't the ER do anything to be sure there wasn't a head injury (he said he hit his head), and don't people with head injuries throw up as a result of the head injury? I hope you get some answers that ease your mind.

Heather said...

Glad to hear he is doing well and making some money at that!

The Glasers said...

Praise God Austin is fine!

Do you think it had to do with the pool?