Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Austin's EEG is scheduled for next Friday (the 29th) at the local Children's hospital. He has to be sleep-deprived (no more than 4 hours of sleep the night before), and he can't have any sugar or caffeine for 24 hours before the test.

I got a list of pediatric neurologists from his developmental ped late this afternoon, and will try to call them tomorrow.

It feels good to be doing something towards getting some answers! But I have to admit, I'm not sure whether I want it to be a seizure or not. In one way, it would be a definitive answer. But seizures? Wow, that's something very scary and big. But if it's not a seizure, we won't know what caused the episode at the pool. And that's scary, too!

Not sure what to pray for.

3 comments:

Luke said...

Lord, I ask for the results to come back with very distinct and do-able steps and solutions for this problem. May the issue be one that can be dealt with/fixed. Amen.

~Luke

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

i think having the appointment is a good thing. amen to Luke's prayer

The Glasers said...

Praying for answers that will help? Praying for God's wisdom in helping Austin?

My question is . . . how can you ensure a child gets no more than four hours of shut-eye at night WITHOUT caffeine. I hope YOU can have some! LOL!