Sunday, August 31, 2008

Austin started his meds yesterday and he seems to be just fine on them. I am not giving him his melatonin until I talk to the neurologist about it. He had a really hard time falling asleep last night.

He is doing pretty well overall and I'm very proud of him. Just as we always do, we are keeping him informed as appropriate with his age and ability to understand. He is asking questions, but also understands that we don't have all of the answers yet. He is taking his medicine well, and actually has been reminding me when it's time. It is a sprinkle so he has to take it on soft food. He has trouble with certain food textures, but is taking the meds on applesauce. I am so proud of him for not fighting us on this. He did ask if he can start back with practicing swallowing pills, though. We will start practicing again ASAP so he can just swallow the capsule.

We're going to have a cookout tomorrow, just the 5 of us. We need the distraction.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad he's doing well!

Jan said...

Glad to hear he is doing well.

Enjoy your cookout. We're doing the same!

The Glasers said...

Your children are so blessed to have you and Russ as parents!!!!! I am glad Austin is doing well and has you two to guide him!

Enjoy your cookout!