Monday, August 18, 2008

Appointment scheduled

Austin has an appointment with his ped at 3 this afternoon. I'll update when we get back!

Once I know more from the ped, I'll call the developmental ped if I still feel it's necessary. Any referrals have to come from the regular ped, as the developmental ped doesn't take or deal with health insurance in any way.

Just got home...

The ped wants Austin to have an EEG, and she also wants him to see a neurologist. We'll make both of those appointments this week, though she warned the neurologist will be a long wait. I'm going to call our developmental ped tomorrow and see if he can get us in faster.

The ped thinks it was either an absence seizure or something like heat stroke. She said that if it had been a concussion that would render him still not able to remember the event 72 hours later, he wouldn't have been able to get out of the pool.

I don't know what to make of it. I would really just like to know what caused it, so I can make sure it doesn't happen again. It doesn't sound like it's going to be as easy as that.

3 comments:

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

well- at least the ped is not sitting on his hands. EEGs are pretty easy goings. are they doing it sleep deprived or regular? my niece has a seizure disorder and they typically do them sleep deprived but probably start out doing them 'regular.' i'll be praying! heat stroke sounds very plausible.

Jan said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. I've been praying for him!

JamBerry said...

praying too. Glad the ped is taking it seriously instead of just shrugging it off. Hopefully yall will be able to find answers!