Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Poison Ivy

Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged! I woke up on the morning of the 4th of July with a strange, terribly itchy rash. It has lingered and developed and spread, and as near as we can figure out... it's poison ivy! I spent the first 4 days of the rash drugged up on Benadryl, which made me incredibly sleepy. I had to stop taking that so I could actually function and parent my children. So my dh brought home some poison ivy lotion last night and it is helping quite a bit. But this just proves to me that I am not destined to be an "Out of Doors" sort of person!

We had an incredibly busy 4th of July weekend, which was difficult when you're itchy and sleepy from the Benadryl! :) I'll try to get pictures and details posted soon!

3 comments:

poohder said...

Sooo sorry, Poison Ivy is miserable and I get it frequently. It stinks.

The Glasers said...

Ha, ha, and I was just thinking it's a good thing there are no pictures!

I am sorry you are so miserable with poison ivy. The last time I had it was about ten years ago and I did not figure it out right away. I ended up needing steroids and antibiotics! YUCK!

I hope you feel better soon!

Jan said...

Hope it's going away!!!