Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dueling Countdowns

As I type this, there are 5 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 16 seconds until the release of Breaking Dawn! I finished re-re-reading Eclipse today, and after the kids go to bed tonight, I'm going to start re-re-re-reading the whole series.

There is another countdown looming over me, one that doesn't cause me as much excitement: our new school year will begin in 10 days. Wednesday, August 6th, will be our first day of school for this year. I just cannot get past the anxiety over this school year. I really am trying, but I'm dreading resuming school.

I am sort of hoping that my body can only handle so much anticipation and excitement, and since it's all funneled toward Breaking Dawn, the first day of school just can't compete. I usually LOVE the first day of school! I was the kid who couldn't wait to go buy new school supplies when I was young. And, in general, I love the planning process as a home educating mom. This year I'm probably more prepared in terms of my selections for curricula than I ever have been before. And yet, I'm dreading our first day.

It's making for a really boring blog to read, I know! In lieu of being a downer with post after post like this, I'm just opting for silence.

So maybe, once Breaking Dawn has been released and I've read through it (twice), I'll start feeling more excitement about school. Otherwise, it's going to be a very long year.

3 comments:

Chef Penny said...

I'm praying for you Jen!!! I think that you are overwhelmed and that you place far too much pressure on yourself! Your children are incredibly blessed to have you as their mom! I am blessed to know you!!!! Hugs to you!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

LOL at the re-re-re-read! ROFLOL

Jen, even if you've always been excited about starting school before, it is perfectly normal to go through what you are going through! I DO admire your dedication!

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

ditto to what chef penny says.