Thursday, June 12, 2008

Girls' room, so far

I finished painting Austin's room this morning, and started putting the girls' room back together! Here are a few pictures of what it looks like so far. Here is the far corner of the room, where the bed/trundle are. This is where Reece's bed used to be. That's the extra box spring, which I'll hopefully be able to get rid of this weekend. The girls want bunk beds, which I will start saving for as soon as I'm done with this remodeling project and the never-ending money it requires!

This is the other corner of the room, where Riley's bed used to be. This toybox holds the dress-up clothes. Next to that is the empty space where the new toy storage/bookcase unit is going to go. The girls currently each have a Little Tykes bookshelf/toybox, but it takes up too much space so I'm going to sell them in the consignment sale this August. By the way, do you like the purple walls? I am going to try to hunt down 'before' pics of the room! LOL I rarely took pics in there because it was so nasty. Maybe I can find something from before it got so bad. This is the other corner, by the girls' bed. That's the closet door and Reece's OT swing from IKEA. As an aside, if you need a swing for OT, this one is excellent and cheap! I highly recommend it! You'll also see the girls' dresser. This piece will need to be replaced at some point. It got warped from someone leaving drinks of water on it. For now, it will hold clothes and the dolls. I'm going to replace the knobs for the time being.
And then this is the door/final corner of the room. That's the side of the room where the new storage thing is going. The one in the link is maple, and that's the one I'm getting for Austin's room. The girls' will be white. If you scroll down on the link, you'll see the fabric drawers that go inside. I still need to check the IKEA website, but I'm pretty sure I'm just going to go with that from Target.
I'm so excited! I think it looks very nice! It really is amazing how much a little paint can help make a room just come alive! Tomorrow I should be able to post some pictures of Austin's room when I get it back together!

4 comments:

Jan said...

YEAH for you!!!!!! Looks great so far!! I can't wait to see it when you're done with all of the changes. I'm sure the girls are loving the new color.

Lisa Quing said...

Love the purple! It's going to be cute!

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

they all look GREAT!!!!!!!

The Glasers said...

I love the colors!!! Pamela chose a lighter, bluer purple for her room. Purple is such a lovely color for girls!!!!

What do they think of their room?