Saturday, June 21, 2008

Covered in paint!

I don't have much time... painted for about 12 hours today! I got the kitchen done, the wall facing the living room from the kitchen, the wall over the fireplace, and both little hallways. With the encouragement of my mother, I decided to go from all white to a color. I absolutely LOVE it and I can't wait until it's done and I can put pictures up!

My parents also brought many surprises with them: new hardware for the bathroom I just redid (faucet, towel racks, shower curtain rod, light fixture, handles); new blinds for all of the windows in the house; new bedding and curtains for the girls' room, and a light fixture for Austin's bedroom!!! I was shocked beyond belief that they would buy all of this stuff for our house!

Mom and I went out to get paint last night, and since I decided to do a color in the living room rather than just yellow, I decided to do the kitchen at the same time (because the wall from the living room comes into the kitchen/dining room/school room. I found a great valance and curtain rod at Target, and used that as a basis for the color. It turned out so wonderfully!

So now, we have a completely remade house except for the master bedroom and bathroom! LOL Outside of the house, dh laid out some pine straw and trimmed many of our overgrown bushes and trees. Everything looks so nice!

Now I need to rest so dad and I can finish the painting tomorrow! I'll try to get the pictures up tomorrow night! :)

3 comments:

Lisa Quing said...

It sounds very cheerful! Can't wait to see!

The Glasers said...

You have been so busy! I am looking forward to the pictures!!!!

poohder said...

You are amazing. I tackled one room and that was all I could stand LOL!
Can't wait to see the pics Rhonda