Friday, May 02, 2008

Read something fun?

Several of my friends recommended in the comments to yesterday's burnout post that I read something fun. The suggestion couldn't be more timely! I am anxiously awaiting two new releases from favorite authors next Tuesday, May 6th!

The first new release is the last book in the Percy Jackson series, The Battle of the Labyrinth. The children and I will be listening to it on audio book from the library as our lunchtime read-aloud! I think the audio book releases a week after the hardcover, but that will be OK! We all prefer listening to Jessie Bernstein read it, rather than me! :)
And the other new release is one just for me. It's the new book by Stephenie Meyer, who writes the Twilight series that I love so much. This book is written for adults (Twilight is 'young adult fiction'), and is titled The Host.
I am not really a fan of science-fiction, but I am a fan of Stephenie Meyer's writing! So I'm going to give it a shot. I expect it will be very similar to when I recommend Twilight to folks and they tell me they aren't into vampires. I always say, "This is much more of a love story than it is a vampire story." I imagine that it will be the same with The Host... more love story than science-fiction!

So fun reading will be waiting for me soon after I get back from the scrapbook retreat!

1 comment:

momof3feistykids said...

My 9-year-old son and I are eagerly waiting for Rick Riordan's new book too. :-)