Monday, May 05, 2008

Oh yes, by the way, I am back!

I guess I just jumped into posting last night without saying, "I'm home!" I didn't want to forget yesterday's important lessons, and I was right for thinking I would forget. Today is back to the laundry, and cleaning, and homeschooling... and sometimes those more important lessons and memories get lost in the day-to-day stuff.

I had a very nice time at the scrapbooking retreat, and I was VERY productive. It was SO nice to spend a couple of days with my friend, Jan. She and I typically would have been at our homeschool convention this weekend! The best part of that, though, is the fun we have at the hotel in the evening: we spread catalogs out on the beds and talk, plan, eat chocolate, and watch the Pirates movies! We still plan to do that this summer at some point, just without the convention part to interrupt the fun! ;)

During the retreat, I started and completed a scrapbook from my Disney trip with my mom. I also started and completed a scrapbook from our beach vacation last fall. In total, I scrapped almost 300 pictures! I don't have a page count, but I'm pretty sure it's at least 50 pages. I am a very fast scrapper because I'm not very creative and artistic. I just put a few coordinated colored papers together (that my mother has usually helped me to coordinate), slap the pictures down, and sometimes add a few brads, stickers, or other trinkets. I journal in my own handwriting, but sometimes will do a fancier title. Maybe one of these days I will become more creative in my scrapbooking, but I sort of doubt it. I usually say "When I have more time to scrap, I will be more creative." But I wonder about that. I am not very artsy on my own. I absolutely LOVE kits that come together with everything you need including the instructions! :)

I managed to get all of that finished before the time was up for the retreat, so I whipped out my laptop and started working on some digital scrapbooking. I was able to work on the school year book that I want to do this year! I also worked on a 2008 gift album that I want to give to my in-laws as a Christmas present this coming year. I got SO much done! It feels great!

I got home yesterday afternoon and immediately fell asleep! I don't think I realized how tired I truly was until I got home! LOL I was glad to be back home with my family, even though I didn't really show it by falling asleep!

1 comment:

The Glasers said...

Austin has come such a long way! WOW!!!!