Monday, February 04, 2008

Yep, it figures!

I was pretty sure something like this was going to happen.

I spent all week on that last post, really making sure it doesn't sound like I'm boasting in myself or anything. I really wanted to share the joy that's been going on this last month. I get it just the way I want it, click "Publish Post", and then....

... we have a day like today. A day when I want to search online for all the private schools in our area that will accept children with Aspergers and High Functioning Autism. Well, mostly just Aspergers since that particular child is the one who is driving me nuts.

So lest my last post left you thinking that I've become some sort of homeschooling supermom in the Lord, rest assured that I'm still the regular Niffercoo. The one who is tired of waking up on a Monday morning to find that everything about long division with double digit divisors has once AGAIN left the brain of my oldest child. The one who is tired of listening to him have a temper tantrum because he's as frustrated as I am that the long division with double digit divisors has once AGAIN left his brain. And the one that is getting extremely fed up with the way he is treating his sister, just because she learns things faster than he does and retains it. And, last but not least, the one who is tired of the things that are coming out of his mouth these days because he is a preteen and thinks he needs to sound 'cool'.

This, too, shall pass. I am trusting in the Lord that He will give me whatever it takes to get through long division. And sibling rivalry. And puberty.

I definitely don't have the strength for this on my own!





2 comments:

poohder said...

There is more than one way to skin a cat! Maybe you can find some way to teach it more concretely. Or maybe you have to scaffold by finding parts you have to help him with and parts he can do alone, or make a flow chart of the process. Just kind of thinking out loud here. Or better yet, go to the Park!!lol! poohder

lisaquing said...

Whenever I make a stand on something by faith, it is ALWAYS ALWAYS tested. Be strong!