Friday, February 15, 2008

Week in Review: 2/11-15

Hmm, this is bound to be an interesting weekly review. You see, somewhere between Tuesday night and Thursday morning, my brain stopped working. No new information would be processed. No new lessons would be taught. It is a vast wasteland of nothingness. We had done 5 nonstop weeks of full schedule school, and my brain had had enough! :)

I had already planned to spread out this week of our Ambleside schedule into two weeks, and that's a good thing. We got the history reading done for this week, and most of the literature. We also got everything done that I had planned for science, because the kids asked today if they could color and place the body parts they were supposed to do yesterday (gall bladder, pancreas, and spleen --- how exciting! LOL). Reading and math were done well. Of course, Reece finished her handwriting workbook and will begin simple copywork on Monday. I did not finish our Ambleside literature readings, but we did finish listening to the first Fairy-Tale Detectives book on CD.

So this week will go down in history as one of those where it didn't all get done, but that doesn't mean we are terrible homeschoolers or that we failed. It may mean that I was a bit lazy this week, but that isn't the end of the world either! We'll just pick ourselves back up next week, a little more rested, and start where we left off.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

JamBerry said...

I'm good for at most 4-6 weeks of 'school' and then we, um, unschool for a week. So that makes perfect sense to me!!

Lisa Quing said...

Lazy is good, now and then!

And can I just say how much I detest the word verification?! OK, done venting. :-)

The Glasers said...

I would call it "process time." Every year at the Charlotte Mason conference, they designate "process time" to avoid killer headaches that happen when your mind is too full. "Process time" allows you to slow down and reflect about all sorts of things!