Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Speechless

The kids and I made our trip to the grocery store a bit early today. I had to swing by the post office to mail a little something to my mother for her birthday, and I decided that we would conserve gas by making the grocery store run.

So we're nearly done with our trip, and we're in the frozen foods aisle. I ask Austin if we have any corn or peas and, of course, the answer is no. I'm not sure if I've mentioned before that he loves to eat frozen veggies right out of the freezer. And he's introduced Reece to it, too, and she loves it. So my frozen veggies are rarely able to be heated up to serve with meals, because they eat them as frozen snacks. He grabs some and throws them in the buggy.

We meander down the aisle to get daddy some Hot Pockets for his lunches at work. And while we're all choosing which kind to get him, and older lady stops near us and says:

"I just wanted to tell you that you are a wonderful mom! The way you deal with your children. And the way you are all together."

I'm just standing there like I don't speak English.

She then looks at the kids and says, "You all have a truly wonderful mother!"

I finally regained the ability to speak and said, "Thank you very much. I really appreciate the encouragement!"

That was so nice! I really needed it. :)

4 comments:

poohder said...

She's right!! You're a wonderful MOM

Jan said...

Oh how nice!!!!!! It's true, you are a terrific mom! I know it's really great when someone you don't know says it to you. : )

Lisa Quing said...

There ARE nice people in your city! I was beginning to wonder! LOL The lady was right. You're a great mom, Jen! And especially nice to hear it after a Motrin Day yesterday, eh?

MasterpieceMom said...

Congrats! I just love the compliments. They beat out the stares 10 to 1. ;D

Oh and I can't believe the kids eaten frozen veggies. I need to send my boys to your house for a little peer pressure. LOL