Tuesday, January 08, 2008

One word

I have decided that this year, I am going to do something that I got from Ali Edwards: I am going to give 2008 a word, one single word that will remind me daily of the direction I want my life to take in 2008. I've been thinking about my word for these first 8 days of the year, and I have decided on my word.

Drum roll please:

TRUST

This word comes from the following scripture: Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. (Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT)

There are so many things in my life that I have been trying to accomplish in my own way, in my own power, in my own understanding. And all I get out of it is a sense of exhaustion, of failure, of being overwhelmed and unsure. I worry about the future all the time. Sometimes, I am so worried about the future, that I don't have time to enjoy the present.

Before you go patting me on the back, you should be aware that I've had this epiphany a number of times before in my life. Being the control freak that I am, I quickly lose sight of who I should be trusting (hint: not me). So this won't be easy. So I'm hoping that having this one word will help me focus and be able to bring the verse to memory in those times of doubt and worry!

I'll keep you posted! :)


4 comments:

lisaquing said...

It's a good word! I'll help you remember it! ;-)

poohder said...

Cool, I think my main word will be
SIMPLIFY. But to cheat a little, my second word will be SLOWER! Rhonda

JamBerry said...

I try to think of it RDI-ish sometimes. I'm the apprentice and He's the Master, and we're just working on Guided Participation. The good news is that That Master is ultimately Trustworthy! :)

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

If you are going to pick one word..that's a good one;)