Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A visit with new/old friends

Last week, I finally got to meet IRL (which means "In Real Life" for my mom and dad) a good friend I have 'known' online for at least 2 years. She was one of the first people to introduce me to RDI, and she has been a valuable source of inspiration, information, and reassurance ever since! They happened to be in town on other business last week, and made a stop by our house!

Of course, we had to snap a few pictures! Here I am with Jamberry! :)

Here is Jamberry, with her son Sly, me and the assorted Cooper kids, and in the background you can see her son J-man, who was done with picture taking! :)
My girls and J-man watch a DVD! J-man and Reece also played with the wooden trains! :)
Austin and Sly hit it off very well, and did all manner of 'guy things' like playing tag, wrestling, shooting with the pretend guns, having swordfights with the pretend swords, and other things I'm forgetting!
Here are the two buddies! I couldn't believe how well Austin played with Sly... there were only a few minor struggles during the 6-7 hours they played together! It was very cool!
Jamberry is such a wonderful person, and I felt so comfortable having her over (I am not much for inviting people to the house... hard to explain, but my IRL friends know that I'm such a wimp about having people over LOL)! It's hard to explain to folks sometimes how cyber-friendships can form and be as strong as IRL friendships. And when you share something like autism in common, it is even more pronounced!

I'm so glad they came to visit, and I hope we can meet up with them again very soon! :)

2 comments:

JamBerry said...

I love you too, Niffercoo!!!
;0)

The Glasers said...

Jamberry and her crew are such a kick! It looks like y'all had a grand old time!