Saturday, December 29, 2007

Movie Review: Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Short version:

Just don't.


Longer version:

The music was absolutely wonderful (as long as you don't pay close attention to what they are singing about)! Casting was excellent and all actors played their parts extremely well! There doesn't appear to be anything that Johnny Depp cannot do!

But, back to the short version:

Just don't. Unless you just happen to love movies with entirely too much blood and gore.

Trust me. Get the soundtrack instead, just remember not to listen to the lyrics too closely!

P.S. I knew the premise of the story going into it. I just didn't realize they planned to show it all so clearly. Yuck.

Conclusion: Don't.

4 comments:

lisaquing said...

I won't.

Believe me.

Jan said...

I couldn't have said it any better. LOL!

The Glasers said...

I have never been thrilled with the plot line of Sweeney Todd. I am glad you saved me the trouble of finding out if Johnny Depp could sing!

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

I heard the same thing....so...i won't...