Thursday, December 13, 2007

Meet Edward!

Apparently, while I've been running around being a homeschooling mother, the production company who is working on the casting for Twilight the movie announced that they have cast Edward. ::drum roll, please:: And the young vampire will be played by:


Robert Pattinson. I looked at the picture on Stephenie Meyer's website and thought 2 things:

1. Hmmm, not who I pictured in my head, but not bad! I think he can pull it off!

and,

2. Why does he look so familiar to me?

I read further on in the announcement and realized why he looks so familiar: he played Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter films! Cool!

All in all, I think he's going to make an excellent Edward! Edward has got to be one of the most demanding roles as far as fan expectation. I might even go so far as to say there has not been a harder role to cast since Frodo or Mr. Darcy! ;) Bella is, of course, a very important role in the books. But Edward has to BE beautiful, perfect even. AND he has to have an air of danger about him as well. AND the actor has to be able to live up to all of the dreams of the fans of the books who read them and immediately fall in love with Edward! :)

So I wish Robert the best of luck in this endeavor... can't wait to see Edward at the movies!

No comments: